Sunday 9 January 2011

Holla.

Hey everyone I'm Lissyia, I've found the internet a great place to share advice and tips on how to look after afro Caribbean and African hair. As most black women know, its hard to know what the right products to use and what regimes are the best. Straight up, its different for everyone but the key thing to do is to gain a collection of knowledge and try it out for yourself. What I want to do with my blog is to share the regimes and products I've used for my hair and also my experiences.

Lets take this back a few steps
 
                                          When I first relaxed my hair...
 3 years later...
We're all blessed with lovely hair, curly, straight, frizzy, thick. And we go a little while not letting a lick of unnatural substances touch it. However for most our natural hair is just difficult to understand how to look after. For me I decided to relax my hair when I was 16/17. My hair was particulary tough to handle, I just didnt know what to do with it and I didnt really know what I was just about to do to my hair. Several years down the line and after my 1st year of uni I decided that my hair didnt feel right. It was so much shorter and thinner and lank, so I thought this is it. And I stopped relaxing my hair.
 A month or so into transitioning..
 Hair in braids (Transitioning style)
 When the last bit of relxer was cut off...
May'10 a year being natural

 Hair Jan '11 (straight-ish)
 Hair Nov '10 Natural
The year following I was transitiong, and I had two textures in my hair, It looked bad. So I weaved it (badly) twice, and braided twice. Until it was summer 2009. and thats when the last bit of relaxer came out. Now I'm into my 2nd year of being natural.

So thats my hair background. My own ethnic background is Jamaican although I was born in England, London Essex. I do have a mix in my family as many Jamaicans do and my hair does tend to grow quite fast which might be a throw bak from my great grandads chinese origin. Other then that I'm a British Caribbean young woman trying to figure out how best to look after my hair.

Hope you enjoy reading this blog and I hope I can help others as I've been helped along the way. I've tried numerous products and yes I've spent a fortune. So I will be reviewing those and also recording my progress.

Lissyia

3 comments: